Thursday, February 27, 2014

What Is Your Legacy

I'm listening to a message from Alistair Begg called, "What is your legacy?"  It is focused on our spiritual legacy in our Christian faith but also our normal life.  His teachings are based on scripture from 2nd Timothy where Paul is mentoring, through a letter, a young pastor named Timothy.  At the end of Alistair's 2nd part of this message, he says, "Live life to be missed, but missed for the right things - kind words, good deeds, short notes, quick telephone calls, good laughs, happiness, love, humor - fill your portfolio with this stuff!"

We all must consider our legacy every day for each new day knows nothing of the next.  Your legacy may be taken in the context of work, family, spirituality, everyday dealing with your fellow humans.  But overarching legacy is best by applying these things to a holistic life.

We runners also have a legacy, especially those of us who have made running a lifestyle.  As I continue my journey in the second half of my life, I hope to improve upon my legacy, not only in running but over my entire life.  Alistair started this series asking what our epitaph would say after our earthly journey ends.  I used to think mine would say, "I can finally rest".  Although I look forward to the peace and serenity, I might have to change it to "Live on."

So, what is your legacy?  What do you wish your epitaph to say?

Today Day 57: 2 miles: 2014: 305 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment