Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Darkness on the Edge of Town

I don't think I have run so many days in the dark.  Actually, downtown Miami is well lit but being out the door and running at 6 AM makes for a dark early morning.  Each morning I have run to the start of the marathon and back.  Running to the start has me going past the finish.  I get to relive the finish, the crowds, the chutes, Cynthia cheering, the feeling.  I run down to the American Airlines arena, home of the world NBA champions Miami Heat.  I get to see the cruise whips again, feel the humidity and warmth, see the water of the Miami river and Biscayne Bay.  It''s all good.  I am almost through my first travel challenge of running.  I hope to run longer on Friday - Sunday.

Today Day 36: 2miles; 2014: 208 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment