Tuesday, February 25, 2014

300

I've always wanted to roll a 300 game in bowling.  I've been close with a 279 game, which was 11 strikes and a spare.  The spare appeared in the 8th frame.  I also rolled a 266 game during a mixed league match but my competitor bowled a 300.  I started bowling when I was 8 years old and bowled pretty consistently through college and a few years beyond.  The final men's team I bowled on was the Genesee Gents (Genesee, a popular beer in the Pennsylvania area.)

Today, I reached another 300 milestone.  I've run my 300th mile of the year, which means that I will have donated enough for 300 meals at the Durham Rescue Mission.  Most likely I will end February with 133 miles and the first two months at 306 miles.  As I have mentioned in a previous post, I am feeling better running every day than taking days off.  Of course, easy days consist of only 2 miles so I get to rest and recover.  300 miles are not that many for elite runners. During heavy training, they might do 300 miles in two weeks.  First, I would be broke if I was able to run that many and I would also be broken from a physical perspective.

March will start off strong with 26.2 on Saturday and end strong with 26.2 near the end of March.  I hope to get another 80 miles in during the remainder of the 29 days.  We shall see how broken I am after these two marathons.  So far, God has kept me healthy not only this year but for all the years I have been running.  Believe me, it hasn't been perfect without aches and pains but it has been healthy.  I am not sure that I have any days without aches and pains, anymore, while running.  It is what it is at age 54.  I thank God every day for my health.  He has blessed me and continues to grant me the perseverance and endurance to run.  I have a part in it as well as I take the initiative to use what God has provided me.  To do something 300 times you have to do it at least 1 time.

Today Day 55: 2 miles: 2014: 300 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment