Friday, February 28, 2014

MARATHONS

Today is my 54th birthday.  One of the best gifts I have ever received is shown here.  I received it from Cynthia Anne, my love.

  Photo: A perfect gift from Cynthia Anne. Each letter of marathons has special meaning along with the verse "let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us"

I wanted to share the significance of each letter.

M - I've run 10 ultras and this is a picture from the NJ Ultra Festival 50K
A  - This picture was taken at the Raleigh 8000, my first local race after moving to NC
R  - Cindy and me running together in Vancouver Washington.  I love running with her and she is  always there to support me in marathons.  I first told her that loved her at the finish of the Illinois marathon
A  -Philadelphia Marathon - I hadn't planned on running but Baltimore Running Festival asked me to represent them at the Marathon Expo.  Cindy and I did the entire Expo at the booth of the BRF and then I ran the marathon
T  - Mardi Gras Marathon, New Orleans, my 50th marathon on my 50th birthday wearing bib 50 and running the entire marathon with my running bud and nephew Shawn
H  - Running at mile 8 of 2013 Baltimore Marathon.  I've run every one of them.
O  - Madison Wisconsin, actually a half-marathon but got to see where Cindy spent much of her life
N  - An enhanced photo (by Cindy)  that is used on the header of my running blog
S  - My most recent marathon in Miami (#74) and first running for Durham Rescue Mission

Tomorrow is Marathon 75

Today Day 59: 4 miles: 2014: 310 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment