Friday, February 21, 2014

Run Naked

Not really!  But, there are events like "bare buns runs" around the world, some in the U.S.  Your only running gear is socks and shoes and those are optional for our barefoot runner friends.  It also brings a whole new perspective to minimalist.  I now know that everyone reading this, the very few, will now go out and google "bare buns run" to see if I am telling the truth.  Well, I am and I suspect running is not the only activity enjoyed in the buff besides the obvious.

Anyway, my true intention of this post is to say how much I enjoyed running in shorts, t-shirt and hat today as opposed to multiple layers of clothing.  The temperature was in the high 60's at 7 AM.  Running with fewer clothes made it feel like I was running naked, whatever that feels like.  It also took me less time to dress and undress allowing me to get a longer run in before work, a much needed longer run.  Sometimes you also just need to let your nakedness put you "out" there, expose you to hard things, to uncomfortable things.  Running can be like that when training and particularly like that in a race.  You need to put yourself on the line at times, to run naked if you will.  Of course, if you are doing a bare buns run and putting yourself out there, you are doubly naked - naked squared.

There is a myth about giving public presentations that it helps to imagine your audience naked or in their underwear.  I guess it is only a myth if it doesn't work for you.  I have given plenty of presentations and I don't think I have ever imagined my audience naked.  That would be just a scary proposition.  I think I would feel more intimidated than ever.  I certainly hope that my audience is not imaging me naked.

Run naked, let yourself go and enjoy the freedom!  Are you glad that there are no pictures in this post?

Today Day 51: 6 miles 2014: 280 miles

1 comment: