Saturday, February 8, 2014

Marathon Cocktail

There are all kinds of ingredients that go into a marathon.  We can call this a cocktail.  Some of the ingredients are sweet and some are harsh.  Today I was thinking about Bataan and my training leading up to it.  Last weekend I ran in temperatures in the high 70's with high humidity but on a flat course.  In a couple of weeks, I will run on one of the more difficult marathon courses because of the hills and trails, Umstead.  In between, I suspect I will do a combination of tempo training and hill training.  I wish I had some sand around because the Bataan course is on sand in the desert.  It will likely be dry but warm during the day.  In order to complete any marathon, you need to mix your own cocktail of running and other garnishes.  The idea then is to get intoxicated on the target marathon, to bring everything together so it goes down smooth and experience that euphoria at the finish.  The marathon cocktail is my cocktail of choice, that is when I feel the best and most alive.





Today Day 39: 8 miles: 2014: 222 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment