Thursday, February 20, 2014

Up and At 'em

Nope, not to run... In essence, I just spent 7 hours yesterday and 11 hours today for 15 minutes of fame. 
"The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare" _Juma Ikangaa
Bid defenses are all about preparation.  Those 18 hours were not all my preparation but I was involved in it with a partner to help a company achieve a new therapy.  Our part was only 15 minutes.

In running, think of all of the training that gets done to achieve one single goal, all the preparation that goes into 9.7 seconds of running or 2 hours 3 minutes of running.  It is months upon months of preparation.  This is why running is a metaphor for all of life, not matter what life's challenges are.  Do you have the will to win?

For the last two days I couldn't stay on my morning schedule for running.  Yesterday I ran around 4 PM.  Today, after being up at 3:45 AM to get to where I had to be by 8 AM and on 4 hours 40 minutes of sleep, 4 hours of driving, 6 hours of bid defense, I still got out the door for a brief 2 mile run.  Thank you Cindy for nudging me!  That also puts me at 100 miles for the month.  I would not necessarily count it as training, except to know how it feels running when tired.  However, I do count it as 2 more meals!

Today and Yesterday Days 49 and 50: 2 miles and 2 miles; 2014: 274 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment