Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mixed Messages

I need to mix it up a bit on this blog, have some mixed messages - serious, funny, quotes, pictures, music, etc. I think I have hit on all of them except funny. I am also going to do more quotes - original (hah!, I quote myself, that sounds stupid!), from runners, famous people, writers, God-forbid politicians, entertainers, sports folks, philosophers, whomever and of course from the Bible. So, let's look at funny. My only caveat for funny is that it does need to be running related. There is enough ridiculous stuff posted on social networks related to everything else in the world.


Spectator signs at marathons are the best and they keep getting more creative.  The Des Moines marathon had very active fans.  They were also very creative with their signs.  Some of these are from Des Moines, others from other marathons but I assure you, they are all real.

"Run faster, I just farted"
"Run fast, poop later, never trust a fart"
Sign next to 3 basset hounds - "You think running is hard, try running on these legs"
"Worst parade ever"
"26.2 because 26.3 would be crazy"
"Any idiot can run, it takes a special kind of idiot to run a marathon"
"Run easy, you're not gonna win"


"Go random stranger"
"Motivational Sign"
"May the course be with you"
"Daddy, did you pee your pants?"
"Free nipple massages @ the finish"
"Only a Sh!tload of miles left!"
"26.2 Cheaper than therapy"

So, the next time you go to a marathon or any other race for that matter, be creative with your signs.  Runners love them and makes for a great distraction.  How about a twitter one?

@Mike #runfar #runfast tkyat marathons #insane c u F2F @ the finish luv cas

Today Day 23: 5 miles: 2014: 141 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment