Monday, January 6, 2014

And God said....

"So, you write about serious runners?  Let's see... how about if I ask Mother Nature to rain on you today, not before you go out, but a quarter mile in, to make sure you are already out the door...to see if you are the serious runner you write about"  This morning, the temperature was mild, even in NC for this time of year, about 55 degrees at 7 a.m.  Comparatively speaking, Minneapolis' air temperature was -22 with a wind chill of -47 due to the Polar Vortex dropping its bomb on the continental U.S.  It was wet outside but looked like the rain stopped and moved east.  So, I venture out for my "rest day" run (normally I take Monday's off but to keep my streak going, I ran an easy 2.5) and a quarter mile or so into the run, it starts raining, not sprinkles, not showers but raining.  I am in shorts and a long sleeve Underarmour shirt, which might wick sweat but not rain.  It continues to rain for the rest of the short run.  I've run many races in the rain but the timing of this was interesting.  I thought about the blog post I wrote on Saturday about serious runners running in all kinds of conditions.  It was almost as if God was saying, "put your money where your mouth is."  I guess tomorrow will be another test as the wind chill is to be -5 to -10 and a high of 9.  God help me!

Today 6th Day: 2.47 miles; 2014: 37.47 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment