Friday, January 10, 2014

And She Said Yes!

On December 30th, I asked Cindy to Marry me... See the answer in the subject line!  As I was running the other day, this song played, and I don't have to change a single word [only add to it]!  She has been my biggest fan, perseveres and endures every race, waits with patience even in my slowest times - she's always there, not just in running but in life.  God bless her...

Have you ever seen a prairie wind
Make a wave on a wheat field bringing needed rain
Have you ever seen a mamma stop
A baby's cry with just the touch and a whisper of his name

When she looks at me
That's what I see

She's beautiful like that
Like a winter rose, snow on the ground
I was blessed the day I found her
I'm one lucky man
Cause the more I know the more I need her
The more I love the more I see her heart
Is a shining star
She's beautiful like that


Have you ever seen a purple sky
Sun coming up bringing new life to everything it shines on
Have you ever seen a couple after 50 years
Laughing and holding hands still going strong


[Have you ever had a perfect run
With a smiling face cheering you on
Have you ever crossed a finish line
Where the medal is presented by her alone
An "I Love You" shared by two, now one]

Well the reason why
I'll love her 'til the day I die


The sound of a church bell
The road that leads back home
An unspoken promise
You'll never be alone


She's beautiful like that
She's beautiful like that


- Darius Rucker


Where She Said Yes! Triple Falls, Asheville, NC
Today Day 10: 3 Miles; 2014: 57 miles

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you proposed. I love you! --Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I'm so very happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete