Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2

Yes, not very original with the title of the post but some days, there is just not a connection between a post and a run. I am thinking of trying to streak (no, not the naked kind!) this year so Day 2 means I have run two days in a row.  OK, its not very impressive yet, but I haven't missed a day!  I ran 4 miles today on the roads of Parkwood in South Durham. 

I am going to adopt a charity this year for running.  For each mile I run, I will donate $x to that charity.  I feel like I haven't given back as much as I have wanted.  Why do it through running?  It keeps me motivated to run knowing that each mile means something to someone else, my effort and their gain.  Sure, I can just donate without doing anything but it makes it too easy.  In most cases, the people on the receiving end of the donations have been through and continue to endure hard times and in some cases life-threatening situations.  While running, I can equate (not in the true sense of equate) the struggle in my mind with each step while running to the massively difficult steps that these folks take everyday.  I have yet to decide on the charity but will decide soon.  Maybe I shall found a new organization called RACE (Runners Adopting Charities Endure).

No comments:

Post a Comment