Friday, January 3, 2014

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Well, not compared to the mid-west or northeast, but for NC, it is pretty brisk... It is certainly not the coldest temperatures that I have run in but it was a bit numbing for a couple of miles.  The coldest has been a straight temperature of -3 and wind chill of -15.  I left very little of my skin exposed.  I find the cold temperatures exhilarating, refreshing and comfortable.  I would much rather run in cold weather than hot, humid heat.  Running in cold temperatures just takes some adjustment in clothes and you can be pretty precise with the right layering.  In hot, humid weather, you can run naked (maybe you, but not me!) and still not get the relief.

Today was Day 3 of my streak.  It's still nothing to write home about but it's a start and if anything, it promotes consistency.  

No comments:

Post a Comment