Friday, March 14, 2014

Run Baby Run Baby Run

I sometimes wonder what drivers think when I am out running, especially the ones that see me every morning.  Do they label me in some way?  Am I the Marathon Maniac guy since I have worn that jacket every cold morning.  Am I just "the runner guy".  Do they wish they were out there running?  Do they think, "this guy's nuts, it's too cold to be out running!"  Or maybe they are just trying to avoid hitting me.  I do wave at cars around the neighborhood but I can never tell if they wave back.  I will start to see more people out walking, running and biking as well.  I did a couple of posts on my other blog about observations.  I used to run a 5 mile loop around a beautiful reservoir in NJ.  I'd see the same people and started nick-naming them.  I didn't know them, knew nothing about their life, only that we would cross paths on the trail.  Some had dogs that had their own labels.  Is sometimes think people find comfort in people out and about.  I do.  I like to see the activity.  There is an energy to it.  I also like to see people chillin' as well.  There is more front-porch sittin' here in North Carolina than there was in New Jersey.  Ironically, it also seems more active here.  I guess after people do active things, they do a little front porch sittin'.  My original blog is titled runnersthoughts and I guess this is what my posts are all about - random thoughts in he moment of running.  One thing I didn't want this blog to be was about training, gear or advertisements.  I work in the technical world.  I don't want to live there too.  it's time for all of us to have original thoughts, observations of life, and more questions than answers.  By the way Run Baby Run is a song by Sheryl Crow.

Today Day 72: 4 miles: 2014: 392 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment