Monday, March 3, 2014

My Strength

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. - Psalm 73:26
This was the verse of the day on March 1, the day of the Umstead Marathon.  I read it first thing in the morning.  How appropriate it was for God to reassure me that I could draw upon Him for my strength that day.  I don't mean to be melodramatic although the movie Son of God did premiere on my birthday.  The name Michael from Hebrew means, "Who is like God?" a rhetorical question implying no person is like God.  It was certainly a day where my flesh and heart could fail.  It is hard to run a marathon where something does not fail at some point.  Where does my strength come from?  You can reach down deep inside to find mental and physical strength but at some point you require help.  Sometimes, God puts another runner close by, sometimes a cheering fan, maybe a downhill, or an aid station.  But sometimes, you must rely on that single awe-inspiring power of God.  Its not just true in running.  It is true in life and it's important for us to recognize those times when God intervenes.  He's there to move us through the tough times onto smoother roads.  My strength comes from the One who has given me eternal life 26.2 miles at a time.

Today Day 62: 4 miles: 2014: 342 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment