Friday, April 18, 2014

The Way

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6
We seem to be always finding our way in life.  Today, on Good Friday, the day we Christians commemorate the Crucifixion of Jesus who died on the cross at Calvary for our sins, is a day tears are shed only to be brightened by the joyous occasion of the Resurrection on Easter.  It is the Resurrection that lead The Way for Christians.  If Jesus didn't rise from the dead, it would have been just another death of of a man.  His Resurrection changed the world.  As I was running today, I thought about the way our lives go.  Running is a great metaphor because there are so may ways to run.  I don't mean forms, styles or gaits although there are as many of those as there are runners but I mean routes, directions, and terrains.  Like life, one can get lost, especially on trails and finding the way back home can be difficult and somewhat panicky.  It is easy to get lost in The Way as well, but we all know where home is and the path we need to take.  I've been lost in both before but once I found my way, I stayed true to the path.  Let us all find The Way this Easter season and stay on the path.  It is the only way to survive this world in preparation for the next.

Today Day 107: 5 miles: 2014: 570 miles

1 comment: