Tuesday, April 15, 2014

One Year Ago...

today, at 2:49 PM, the first of the bombs exploded at the finish of the Boston Marathon.  Prayers are for all of those affected by such a terrible tragedy.  Like 9/11, it affected every American, but the resilience and strength to recover from such cowardly acts, shows what a great people we are.  I look at people who do these kinds of things as the cowards they are.  I am not sure I could forgive if one of my loved ones was hurt or killed.  Marathon finish lines hit home for me not necessarily for me crossing one and worrying but knowing that Cindy is always at the finish line waiting.  I can't imagine what those runners went through that day not knowing what might have happened to their friends and family waiting for them at the finish.  I know one thing for sure, it has not stopped people from running marathons.  As  a matter of fact more people ran after those events.  Runners are resilient.  Boston runners maybe more so.  I still hope to run the Boston Marathon someday.  It might have to be for a charity to get into it but I can't leave this world after running a marathon in all 50 states and likely running over 100 marathons when all is said and done and not running Boston.  I do believe that they should make those allowances for people who have supported marathon running as a lifestyle.  The BAA is sort of like the Augusta National in a sense, elitism, but I guess that is what makes it special.  It will be an emotional day in Boston on Monday for the 118th running.  I wish everyone a safe and heartfelt journey and a finish full of cheer.

Today Day 104: 4 miles: 2014: 554 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment