Friday, April 4, 2014

Sunny and 85

Just a few weeks ago it was in the 20's in the morning.  Today, at 4 PM it was 85.  Certainly Spring is here in North Carolina.  people have mowed their grass.  Some blooms have come and gone but others still waiting for their time.   The trees have buds.  Right around the corner will be the green pollen from the tall pines where every car turns the color green.  Humidity will soon follow.  I ran this afternoon and it was one of those days where I really had to motivate myself to get out the door.  For a variety or reasons, weekly travel, physically not feeling well last night and the fact that my worst runs are in the afternoon/evening.  In most cases, once I get out the door and run a bit, I feel fine.  Today was not one of those days.  I felt just as bad from the first step to the last step.  It was still great being out in the sunshine and among the pines.  It was better than most of my week so overall, it was good.  Part of what was good about it was that it is reality.  Nothing can be made up about it.  You don't have to defend it.  You don't have to be something you're not, just a runner doing his run saying hi to all the other runners and bikers doing their thing, the true people they are.  Sunny and 85 brings people outside to enjoy what nature has to offer.  Get out and do something, walk, run, bike, picnic, whatever, but do it outside.

Today Days 92-93: 7 Miles: 2014: 496 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment