Monday, April 21, 2014

Meb

Amazing!  Meb Keflezighi won the Boston Marathon today.  It nearly brought tears to my eyes as I am sure it did his to many others.  Some of the greatest marathons in recent years have involved Meb - winning NYC, silver medalist in the Olympics, and now winning Boston.  With this win, I am sure he will compete in the 2016 games.  He is also a man of God.  On his website are the famous words of Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  I went out to look for another quote on his website and the website can't cache the results due to heavy traffic.  His marathon win brought down his own website!  I saw someone else comment about how great a runner he is but even a greater human being.  There were 3 American men in the top 10.

As for the women, Shalene Flanagan, ran her best race ever at 2:22 but not good enough for a course record of 2:18 set by Rita Jeptoo.  It appeared to be truly an amazing day to recapture that American spirit from last year's horrific attack and to show the rest of the world our resilience as runners, spectators, and Americans.  I'm proud to be a runner to show up month after month to run marathons on the streets of this great country with dedicated people to a craft of human triumph. No matter if I ever get the chance to run Boston, I am a runner, I am a marathoner and Meb inspires me!

#bostonstrong #mebstrong

Today Day 110: 2 miles: 2014: 588 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment