Monday, April 14, 2014

Land of the Pines

I could taste the pollen from the pines on my tongue and lips.  It is that time of year in NC.  These tall pines create a mass of green dust that covers everything.  Every car is green.Anything outside is green.  The trail that I ran on Sunday was green.  But, I wouldn't trade the land of the pines for the land of asphalt.  I'll deal with the two weeks or so of pollen just to live in an area of niceness and decency.  It is hard getting runs in during my travels.  I guess I should say it is harder training during my travels.  The quality of the runs are not as good.  I do the best I can but need to make the time.  On Friday that required the alarm to go off at 5 AM. I'm generally up early anyway.  I think I did well fitting in runs.  I missed one day which brings my total to 5 I think.  Running everyday is making a difference.  Today I ran an exceptional tempo run of 6.2 miles in 51 minutes.   I think the Flying Pig will be a decent marathon for me.  I've done some hard marathons so far this year and even though Miami was flat the temperature and humidity was high.  The other two have been very hilly. I'm rambling to get something posted today and to get my mileage updated.  Oh, two half-marathoners died in the Rock 'n' roll event here in Raleigh over the weekend.  Prayers go out to their families.

Today days 100-103: 20 miles: 2014: 550 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment