Thursday, April 24, 2014

Motivation and Habit

Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going - Jim Ryun
This year has been a year of habit for me.  Running is part of every day.  I do it like I brush my teeth, just another thing that makes up the day.  Since it is a habit I just do it, and no, not because Nike says so but because it is part of the day.  I do struggle when I don't do it in the morning because the day gets away from me and my mind is cluttered with everything else.  It is fresh in the morning and allows me to start the day with a fresh outlook.  What motivated me back on January 1 was my commitment to running for the Durham Rescue mission this year.  With that motivation I formed a habit, a healthy one, one that makes me a better person with strong mind and body.

Today Day 112: 6 miles: 2014: 599 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment