Monday, May 12, 2014

Hipster

Its been a good two weeks of running finishing up 73 miles including a marathon stuck in the middle.  I had a seriously good tempo run on Sunday after a 10 miler on Saturday.  I still believe I have a sub-4 marathon in me and convinced that it is a weight issue.  Losing 5-10 pounds should get me there.  I still need to post about Flying Pig.  I ran 4:12 with splits of 2:03 and 2:09.  God says to embrace your enemies.  My enemies in running is heat and humidity.  I plan to embrace each this summer.

Today, there is something more important going on than running and that is supporting Cynthia in her hip replacement surgery.  If this one is as good as the first one, she will be biking another 100 miler and walking 5K's.  As a matter of fact, I have signed her up for the Salmon Runs 5K in Alaska.  It will also be fun planning our next 100 mile bike trip.  She will be free from pain and ready to go.  I know that she will be more free to run after her grandchildren as well.  God will watch over her and bless her as He has done throughout our relationship.

Days 130-132: 16 miles: 2014: 677 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment