Thursday, May 8, 2014

Great Big Hill

54 years and my life is still, trying to get up that great big hill of hope, to a destination...  4 Non-blondes circa 1992
It was the last song played today when ending my run of 4 miles.  I think of the many hills I have run, struggling on many.  But what is true in running is true in life.  Hills make you stronger and faster.  There are so many benefits to hill training.  Hills are hard, mentally and physically taxing but the more you conquer them, the easier it gets.  You start to attack them and see them as flat as as a track. Mentally I enjoy hills because I tend to be a strong runner and  I pass others.  Of course, the destination is the finish line and perils of hills lies before us to get there.  Hope is in all of us.  Hope for our ourselves, our families, friends and even strangers.  We hope for a better world, a peaceful world.  Our challenges in life are just like hills.  They make us stronger, wiser and allow us to find our way better.  The challenges then become ordinary, although not diminished, we handle them better.  I have said it (as well as others) a million times, running is a metaphor for life.  The more I run, the more I know life.  I know that there are still great big hills to conquer, but with training spiritual, mental, physical, they too shall be conquered.

Days 127-128: 7 miles: 2014: 655 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment