Saturday, August 23, 2014

Casey's First Mile

Alas, Casey, our dog, has taken to running.  Yes, all dogs, or shall I say most dogs run.  Today, I decided to go for a short slow run to see if he would stay with me.  One loop around the lake is 1.5 miles.  He is still young so I didn't want to work his new muscles and tendons hard.  So, we did the Hal Higdon method of run-walk but for the most part, we ran.  Even when he heard dogs barking from insides their houses, he proudly kept going, almost as saying, "hey, look at me, I'm a runner and you can't distract me."  He does like people so when a person was nearby, he wanted to go say hi, just like us runners.  Cars were a different story.  When cars passed, he sprinted and I had to keep up with him rather than him keeping up with me - a good way to do strides.  Overall, we had a fine 15-20 minute run.  It was fun and more importantly released some of his energy!

Days 225-235: 55 miles, 2014: 1,139 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment