Friday, October 31, 2014

Gotta Run...

So, from the previous post, I have been sliced and diced for the last 8 days and eagerly trying to get in walks and runs.  Mostly, it has been fast walks with two short runs of 4 miles and 3 miles over the last 8 days.  I have been playing it bey ear (or by stitch) as to whether or not to run the Raleigh City of Oaks Half-Marathon this Sunday.  I could easily say no but I find that "easily" is not possible.  I need to run the event, I gotta run the event for no other reason than to have that running feeling with all the others out there pounding the roads.  It is supposed to be a very chilly but beautiful day in Raleigh, 30 degrees at the start rising up to 50 - perfection.  And the Mohs Doctor said I could run on Saturday.  That is all I needed to hear since the race is on Sunday and Sunday Nov. 2 would have been my father's 95th birthday.  I will run with him in my thoughts.  He died way too early and I really never got to know him as an adult.  It is also NYC Marathon day and what better way to celebrate than to run and  record the marathon on ESPN2 for later viewing.  So, I gotta run and put in a good 13.1 mile effort.  It has been a while since I have run a half-marathon (well, and stopped after only running a half.)  My best half-marathon time this year while running a full marathon is 1:58. That was on a flat course in Alaska.  I am not sure I can get there on Sunday but I will certainly go for a sub-2 hour marathon.  Likely, I will be around 2:05 or so.  But, it is still the run that matters.

Days 303-305: 5 miles, 2014: 1,428 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment